WE'RE HIRING !
Assistant to Music Instructor
Reports To: The Music Instructor & the Program Managers.
Wages: Based on experience
Work collaboratively with the Music Instructor in instructing and supporting learners to develop their steelpan playing skills, build the repertoire and prepare for performances. Assist with the setup/down of instruments before and after performances and at the event venues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Assist fellow players in developing playing techniques and learning new music
In the absence of the music instructor, you are expected to take the lead in instructing players
Setup and arrange steelpans, in the studio and at the performance venues
Ensure music is ready and available for practices/rehearsals and performances by filing and retrieving music scores, as required
Assist the music instructor in evaluating players’ progress
Liaise with parents as directed by the music instructor and/or program managers on matters related to program schedule, evaluation, performances, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate must:
* be at least 14 years old
* have experience or like working with children
* have advanced steelpan playing skills or advanced skills with an alternate instrument
* have a sound understanding of music theory
* be reliable and available Wednesdays 5:45 to 7:15pm
Saturdays 10:15am to 2:15pm, and
available for all performances, concerts, etc.
* be comfortable working with fellow players, at all program levels, in a group setting
* be a self-starter and be able to follow instructions
* have an interest in learning to play (at a basic level) all instruments in the orchestra
* have the physical ability to lift instruments
* comfortable working in a noisy environment
Forward your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted for an in-person interview